Last week, when I interviewed Blake Anderson from the Comedy Central show, Workaholics, I found out that he was a huge music fan. He had just returned from Bonnaroo, proclaiming that the Stones Throw Records and Pasadena native Dâm-Funk had put on the best show of the festival. I asked him to put together a mixtape for the site.
If you are not familiar with Workaholics, it’s one of the best comedies on television. The show revolves around three friends: Anderson, Adam DeVine, and Anders Holm of the comedy troupe Mail Order Comedy. They play three roommates – recent college grads that work for a telemarketing company. They love to smoke weed, rap, talk shit, and fuck with one another. It’s one of those rare comedies every episode of which is hilarious from start to finish. Workaholics completed its first season in early June and was renewed for another ten episodes. You can catch re-runs of the show every Tuesday at 10:30 pm on Comedy Central. Be on the lookout for my interview with Blake next week.
Origami Vinyl :: Top 10 Records (6/18 – 6/23)
1. Bon Iver – Bon Iver
2. Cults – S/T
3. Tame Impala – Innerspeaker
4. The Flaming Lips w/ Prefuse 73 – S/T EP
5. The Tallest Man On Earth – S/T EP
6. Unknown Mortal Orchestra – S/T
7. Outernational – Eyes on Fire
8. Radiohead – Supercollider + The Butcher 12″
9. Fucked Up – David Comes To Life
10. Dante Vs Zombies – Yes, I’m Stalking You
Origami Vinyl Website (Click Here)
These Guys rip!